Old university calendars contain a wealth of information on people associated with the university as well as an insight into the courses of study offered and university life and culture generally. And this CD which is searchable on any name, subject or word you desire will open up access to much of this information that you may not have considered or found convenient to access in the past.
A sampling of the information on this CD:
- information on numerous people associated with the University from its foundation
- officers of the university (past and present)
- professors and lecturers
- members of the university
- graduates - past and present - with degrees awarded and year of graduation
- matriculated students
- scholarships, prizes etc
- donors of prizes etc.
- benefactions and donations
- Examination results 1911-1915 - with details of subjects passed and pass level for each student and each year
- Records of the Honours Examination with detailed results from 1900
- Junior and Senior Public Examination results - pass list 1915 - with school, subject passed and pass level
- List of all candidates who passed the senior public examination in previous years
- bibliographical record - publications of members of faculty since their first appointments
- courses - subjects and details, recommended books, timetables, examination subjects and fees
- various reports
If anyone in your family had association with the University up to 1916 as student, faculty, member or donor then this CD will be of interest.
The whole 310 page volume is searchable on any word
Click here to download a sample file (0.6MB) containing the title, contents page and sample text pages.. This requires Adobe Reader to view. (right click on the link and select save as - then load the saved file to view).
High quality scanned images of the whole of the original book. This CD can be viewed by any computer using Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 4 or later recommended). The data on this CD is completely self-contained, and requires no installation.
System Requirements: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT or better, CD-ROM drive, Adobe Acrobat. Also suitable for Macintosh or Unix operating systems.
Summary by Archive CD Books Australia