Product Code: US0400|
Number of CDs: 1
Pub. Date: (1809-1939) 2006
Qty in Basket: none
66% off 14 books on early New England settlers.
Now for the first time, you can get all of the classic genealogical dictionaries of the early settlers of New England on a single CD-ROM -- and at 66% OFF the regular retail price. Best of all, you can use powerful full-text search features (including AND, OR, phrase, and proximity searches) on all of these important works at the same time!
The Compendium of New England Pioneers spans 14 books (22 volumes), nearly 8300 pages, and thousands of families of early New England settlers through several generations.
This is an essential collection for any New England researcher and includes all of these classic works:
(Click on any title above for a full description by Robert Charles Anderson, FASG)
- John Osborne Austin, The Genealogical Dictionary of Rhode Island; Comprising Three Generations of Settlers Who Came Before 1690 (With Many Families Carried to the Fourth Generation) (1887)
- Charles Knowles Bolton, The Real Founders of New England: Stories of Their Life Along the Coast, 1602-1628 (1929)
- Samuel G. Drake, Result of Some Researches Among the British Archives for Information Relative to the Founders of New England: Made in the Years 1858, 1859 and 1860 (1860)
- John Eliot, A Biographical Dictionary Containing a Brief Account of the First Settlers, and Other Prominent Characters Among the Magistrates, Ministers, Literary and Worthy Men, in New-England (1809)
- John Farmer, A Genealogical Register of the First Settlers of New England (1829)
- Ernest Flagg, Genealogical Notes on the Founding of New England: My Ancestors Part in that Undertaking (1926)
- Nathaniel Goodwin, Genealogical Notes, or Contributions to the Family History of Some of the First Settlers of Connecticut and Massachusetts (1856)
- Royal R. Hinman, A Catalogue of the Names of the Early Puritan Settlers of the Colony of Connecticut; with the Time of Their Arrival in the Country and Colony, Their Standings in Society, Place of Residence, Condition in Life, Where From, Business, &c. (1852)
- Frank R. Holmes, Directory of the Ancestral Heads of New England Families, 1620-1700 (1923)
- Sybil Noyes, Charles T. Libby, and Walter G. Davis, Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire, 6 volumes, (1928-1939)
- Charles Henry Pope, The Pioneers of Massachusetts (1900)
- Charles Henry Pope, The Pioneers of Maine and New Hampshire (1908)
- James Savage, A Genealogical Dictionary of The First Settlers of New England, 4 volumes, (1860-1862)
- Wilbur D. Spencer, Pioneers on Maine Rivers with Lists to 1651 (1930)
These classic reference tools are so recognizable to experienced New England researchers that they are often simply referred to by the last name of the author. Imagine searching Eliot, Farmer, Hinman, Goodwin, Drake, Savage, Austin, Pope (2), Holmes, Flagg, Noyes, Bolton, and Spencer -- all at the same time from the convenience of a single CD!
The combined cost of these important works would be $262.30 when purchased on
separate CDs but it is only $89.95 in this compendium. That's a discount of
66% off the regular retail price!
||FREE BONUS: The CD-ROM
contains nine high-quality digital maps of the New England Settlement (1629,
1637, 1660, 1675, 1677, 1713, 1754, 1781, and 1812) as originally published
in The Expansion of New England by Lois Kimball Mathews (1909).
And, like any purchase over $50.00 from our store, shipping is FREE to the U.S. and Canada ($4.00 overseas).
The Compendium of New England Pioneers makes a great gift for anyone who researches early New England families. It is the perfect companion to the popular Compendium of New England Gazetteers, which is listed below.
The CD includes high-quality images of every page as originally published (not just a transcript) and is fully searchable using Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 6 or later) on any Windows, Macintosh, or Unix computer. The data on this CD is completely self-contained, and requires no installation.
Regular price when purchased separately=
|Product Coupon: (Not for resale)